Beautiful, hand-crafted metal trinket box with a depiction of the liner, R.M.S. Ceramic painted on a blue butterfly wing.
Ceramic was the first ship built by the White Star Line after the sinking of Titanic. The 18,400 ton liner was launched in 1912 by Harland and Wolff in Belfast and spent her years sailing the Liverpool to Australia route.
Ceramic served as a troopship in both World Wars until 1942. On the night of 6th December while en-route to Sydney, the ship was torpedoed by a U-boat and sunk in the Atlantic off The Azores, leaving only one survivor from the 656 people aboard.
The sinking remains one of the worst shipping disasters of all time.
Dimensions: 5.5cm tall x 10.5cm wide x 9cm deep